5am start.
3 hour Journey.
About 7 hours of fencing.
My results. OK. I didn't make my target of reaching last 32.
Won 2 and lost 3 in my poules. Threw 1 match away and this made the difference.
Went out in the first round of DE and should have won that 2.
Then entered the plate.
Won my Poule and seeded first and then lost in the semi to a leftie.
Overall analysis.
Fitness: Good.
Nutrition: OK crappy breakfast and too much reliance on sports drinks.
My defense was OK. Parry were pretty crisp. But my attacking let me down. Lost lots of point form simple parrty-repostes after my attack fell short. I also rushed too much. I didn't use the time allotted or my mobility. I was fitter that allot of the guys I fenced but I should have have slowed the bout down and moved more. I should also have attacked more aggressively and work on more prep. None of my fleches worked due to poor prep.
On teh plus side my footwork was solid.
Overall though, my first Open so generally happy. Last 32 in the next one. Lots of work on my offence.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home