5:00 am Essex Open
Day didn't start the best. Train problem meant multiple changes but did actually make it their in time for check in. However had little time for a proper warmup.
I fenced OK but had a very tough pool and reverted to some of my bad habits.
Countering into slow attacks. ( Find the blade or break up attack)
Fast attack at the wrong distance. ( start slow, judge response end fast)
Unnecessary searches for the blade (only if it threatening, don't use beat attack as a crutch.
My worst offence was the slow lazy counter attacks. I need to work for every point.
On the plus side, my foot work was and fitness was OK. Got hydration and nutrition right as well. I do need to warmup more.
I need to check weapons carefully. lost 2 point to a badly taped tip.
That evening did a fast 20 minute run followed by a long stretch.
Sunday
Took it as a rest day.
Again did some rehab work and long stretch. Didn't actually feel too sore from previous day in comparison to other comps.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home